We're sorry, registration for this event is closed, you may still submit recipes to our tailgater cookbook here: www.osualum.com/cookbook.
Does your tailgating food make five star chefs drool with envy?
Do the scents coming off your grill attract fans from blocks away?
Is your secret dessert recipe enough to make the toughest football fan buckle at the knees?
If you said yes to any of these questions, you need to register for the Fire It Up tailgater cooking contest sponsored by the OSU Alumni Association at Homecoming 2012.
Before the OSU vs Utah game on October 20, alumni association volunteers will visit participants’ tailgaters and sample food in three categories: salad/appetizer, main dish and dessert. Winners in each category will be announced in the winter issue of the Oregon Stater and be awarded a cool plaque to hang above your grill.
Tailgater food cookbook
We are also gathering recipes for a Beaver Nation tailgater food cookbook. If you'd like to submit a recipe (or more than one) for the cookbook, but don't want to enter it in the contest, email the ingredient list and preparation instructions here: www.osualum.com/cookbook.
Tailgater cooking contest rules
- This is supposed to be fun and informal. If we discover one of the rules is not good, we may change it at any time.
- Judging will begin 3 hours prior to kickoff and be complete 30 minutes prior to kickoff on October 20. When the event gets closer, we will attempt to give you an idea of when the judges will be arriving at your tailgater location.
- Dishes may be submitted in one of the following categories: Salad/appetizer, main dish, or dessert.
- Participants may enter dishes in as many of the three categories as they like, but only one dish per category please.
- Please prepare enough of your dish for three small samples to be tasted by the judges.
- Judges will make their decisions based mostly on taste, smell and appearance of the entries; however, the general atmosphere and environment of your tailgater can only help your cause!
- Your tailgater location must be on the OSU campus. We cannot travel off campus to judge dishes.
- Only dishes submitted in advance will qualify for the contest.
- The alumni association is collecting recipes for a tailgater food cookbook. You don’t need to enter your dish in the contest to submit it to the cookbook and you don’t need to submit your contest entries to the cookbook. Feel free to do either or both!
Homecoming 2012 is sponsored by the Oregon Community Credit Union, home of the Beaver Card!